Senior IT Support Specialist
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6
Required Education : Bachelors
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
To provide support to team members, networking infrastructure and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following: Develop and support system standards for PCs/Laptops, etc. and their associated hardware and software.
- Identify, build and test standard LAN, WAN, wireless, firewall and additional network and telephonic components, their associated hardware, software and security.
- Partner with business leadership to understand business requirements that pertain to LAN/WAN/Telephonic and other networking services required to keep the company functioning and provide technology solutions.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks as assigned from internal and project leadership.
- Perform all levels of analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of technical problems for a variety of end users plus identify, test and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair, as needed.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately.
- Respond to team member’s issues through email, phone and in person requests.
- Maintain an inventory of all computers, monitors, printers, scanners, etc.
- Track and maintain licenses in use and available for all end user devices.
- Research and publish articles for both technical and non-technical team members for use in training the teams on the use of IT related equipment and software components.
- Provide problem management and root cause analysis.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Provide on-call, off-hours and weekend support as assigned to support the staff.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- 6+ years desktop support experience
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Solid understanding of IT supported technologies, and a broad knowledge of IT Technology and infrastructure technologies (Microsoft Operating Systems, MS Office Products including O365, Dell Sonicwalls, Dell Servers, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and insurable
- Ability to travel to other locations in US and foreign countries
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends in industry
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills
- Proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook O365 Hosted Exchange
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- ITIL Foundations Certification, MS Certification