Senior Manager of Website Operations and Merchandising
Currently looking for a Senior Manager of Website Operations and Merchandising to manage the strategic planning, development and maintenance of the company’s public websites and other digital properties to improve user experience and increase sales through improved conversion rate average order size, and increased website traffic.
This position is within the Marketing department, and requires the Senior Manager to have a strong understanding of both the company’s business and the technologies used by the team
- Serves as subject matter expert overseeing all aspects of our website merchandising, content and usability.
- Responsible for managing, overseeing and improving daily eCommerce business processes. Is the process advocate for the eCommerce department; implements process changes designed to enable the scaling of the business while collaborating with all facets of the business to ensure that recommended changes promote efficiency and excellence.
- Establishes and ensures the integrity of traffic and conversion reporting produced by the Web Analyst.
- Directly Supervises the Web Merchandising Lead, Digital Designer, Content Manager, UX Analyst and support staff; a dotted line from the Database and Analytics Lead; will work closely with the entire marketing team, as well as IT and Project Management teams.
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of the company blog, Etc., with a focus on driving website conversions, average order size and profits.
- Deploys personalization tactics to improve revenue per session, using a combination of 1 to 1 recommendations and persona or segment level personalization in product recommendations, creative content and messaging.
- Ensures that site tagging for Google Analytics and other programs is implemented so that all appropriate measurements can be gathered.
- Works to optimize product feeds to support marketplaces, paid search, CSE's, personalization campaigns and other marketing programs.
- Develops the team to use analytics that are fully developed to understand bottom line impacts (P&L).
- Develops reports to glean insights. Interprets funnel analysis and recommends site improvements/efficiencies.
- Oversees the management of third party vendors deploying onsite functionality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of experience in eCommerce Merchandising, Operations, UX and technology.
- 3+ years’ experience with B-2-C products in eCommerce. Preferably with a large product catalog across multiple categories.
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing eCommerce technology which includes but is not limited to:
- Demonstrated understanding of internet technology and protocols from a technical and business perspective including an understanding of HTML, CSS, image management for a website, design tools, and standard internet protocols.
- Experience translating business objectives into technology and operational processes to achieve goals.
- Highly process oriented and has a history of implementing workflow improvements and procedures.
- Experience with project management.
- Must have experience participating in cross functional teams.