Senior .NET and .JS Software Engineer
Senior Technical Developer
The Senior Technical Developer is responsible for providing technical applications development subject matter expertise and specialization in the key areas of the Microsoft technology based product development.
Core Job Responsibilities
· Working with the collaborators to develop and troubleshoot tools for production of computerized clinical content used by LIS and EHR vendors incorporating the application.
· Working closely with product management team to understand requirements and develop scalable solutions using best practices
· Designing, maintaining and continuously upgrading web and other software solutions to help team workflow, along with the Senior Technical Manager;
· Independently learning new technical modalities and implementing innovative solutions for deploying clinical templates and decision support.
· Oversight, strategic development, planning, implementing, and managing technical projects, including project management of team members.
Qualifications for this role
- Strong expertise with ASP.NET MVC / Web API.
- Experience using third party tooling such as DevExpress and APIs to integrate the third-party libraries into existing software solutions
- Practical experience of building, hosting and consuming SOAP and RESTful web services along with IIS administration.
- Solid understanding of software designs, patterns, and algorithms.
- Expertise in writing complex SQL statement and stored procedures and data analysis technologies, including hierarchical queries, XML-based queries and scripting data models.
· Ability to use Subversion –SVN / GitHub plugin for project development
· Experience in HTML5, CSS3, XSLT parsing
- Excellent debugging skills; able to debug complex technical issues involving multiple system components.
- Familiarity with XAML forms and WPF and ability to analyze legacy VBA code.
· Self-starter, with ability to propose and manage large projects independently.
· Demonstration of project leadership and strong team-building skills.
· Ability to work closely with technical analysts and database developers to structure information for analysis.
· Solid understanding of the technical environment from the internal production, development, and technical implementation perspective.
· Ability to assess the technology implementation requirements and system constraints and translate these into technical specifications.
· Understanding of significant current and emerging industry standards and initiatives, their impact on internal product development requirements, and the development of applications to maximize product effectiveness and interoperability within those strategies.
· Expertise and experience in the cancer registry and public health domain preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required.
· Advanced degree in technology strongly preferred.
· Microsoft Technology Certification, Cancer care informatics a plus.
· Systems certification a plus.
· 7+ years of Senior Technical Developer level or related information technology experience of progressive and varied responsibility.
· Consulting experience preferred.
· Less than 5% travel/ weekends required (conferences/ committee meetings).