Senior Server Infrastructure Engineer
SENIOR SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Ensure the availability of client server applications and development of processes/procedures for the ongoing management of the server and data storage environment. Design, install, administer, and optimize servers, storage environment, and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by IT. Work closely with the System Analysts to develop solutions and direct activities of Server Infrastructure System Engineers and Administrators in the implementation and daily administration of business and manufacturing systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of five plus years’ progressive IT experience; or Associate’s Degree with equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years’ experience with Linux Operating Systems and/or five plus years’ experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Server 2016 and earlier
- Five plus years’ experience with VMware vSphere systems.
- Experience supporting servers, Linux and MS Windows O/S, Active Directory, server applications, peripherals, printers, LAN equipment, network protocols, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in network and server capacity planning and troubleshooting bottlenecks.
- Experience managing mid to large scale datacenters.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities in diagnosing and resolving issues in OS, Server, SAN or Datacenter Infrastructure equipment.
- Project management skills in leading IT initiatives.
- Ability to build relationships and provide solid customer service across both technical and functional areas of the business.
- Demonstrated communication skills in working with both functional and technical teams at various levels in the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Experience in working in and supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Red Hat, LPIC, Linux+, or Oracle Enterprise Linux certifications.
- Microsoft MCSE or MCSA certifications.
- Experience with Active Directory.
- Microsoft Exchange administration skills.
- VMware Skills.
- Participate in the design and implementation of in-house and/or outsourced environments for managing and maintaining global infrastructure systems and software.
- Lead, coordinate, and participate in key process improvements related to the client/server environment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Systems, Network and Database employees to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
- Design and develop strategies for storage technologies such as SAN or NAS.
- Act as project lead in the design and review of new server systems, applications, and hardware; regularly conduct asset management and capacity planning exercises.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to ensure server security.
- Monitor performance, capacity and reliability metrics on a monthly basis.
- Lead server and security audits, system backups and recovery.
- Develop, implement, and maintain functional policies and procedures, including those for server architecture, standards, resources administration, appropriate use, purchasing, and service provision.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Document existing Infrastructure Systems and Technology portfolio; make recommendations to System Engineers for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Direct data center/server room security features, including HVAC control, environmental alarms, access restrictions and UPS.
- Assure IT Operations service levels are met.
- Work with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to procure network products and services.
- When applicable, assist Administrators with day-to-day maintenance of end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Participate in On-Call support rotation Tier II & Tier III escalation support