Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Applications
As a member of our mobile development team, the candidate will be responsible for developing the next generation of our mobile applications that our connected to our entertainment network.
These apps are used by millions of customers worldwide as well as Staff and consumers.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical background with 8 years of experience in software development with at least 2 years developing mobile applications. A demonstrated ability to learn quickly and develop high quality software is required.
The following specific skills are required for this position:
· Experience developing native iOS based mobile apps in objective C using XCode.
· Experience developing native Android based mobile apps in Java
· Experience working in a complex, multi-tiered application environment
· Experience using web service services (REST, APIs, JSON). Web service interface design experience a plus.
· Understanding of Googles “Material Design” principals and interface guidelines
· Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
· Knowledge of industry trends within the Apple and Google mobile ecosystem
· Knowledge of mobile ecosystem technologies (MDM, MADP, Beacons, Physical Web, etc).
· Experience working within a Scrum based development organization
Excellent written/verbal communication skills are also required.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or closely related technical field is required from a tier-1 school.
PERSONAL TRAITS: Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced small team environment. A willingness to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done is essential. The ability to work well both individually as well as with others is required for this position. Demonstrated experience showing resourcefulness, a strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments with minimal supervision are required.