Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)
- Develop, modify, and maintain finance applications or specialized utility programs
- Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing member experience, system stability and operational efficiency
- Responsible for full life cycle development of mobile applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex applications
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities
- Conduct cross-functional code review
- Works on multiple high-level projects concurrently. Lead Engineer on projects of a large scope and/or complexity
- Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments
- Identifies problems related to primary financial software and determines corrective action.
- Develops custom programs when required
- Works with Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues
- Identifies and implements solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes
- Trains and mentors entry to mid-level Developers and Engineers.
- Trains Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Senior Software Engineer
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant Microsoft Certification
- 5+ years’ relevant mobile experience building and deploying mobile applications
- Prior agile experience required
- Advanced in iOS or Android SDK
- Advanced in Xamarin development platform
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft solution stack
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation required
- Project management experience working as the technology lead on several projects concurrently required
Key Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with MVC, Web API, WCF, LINQ
- Understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- Familiarity with unit testing and mocking concepts and frameworks
- Experience using ALM tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server) or Jira
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and desire and ability to work in a collaborative, cross functional team environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new computer languages and technologies quickly
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with release automation desired
When you’re happy, they’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Casual dress code
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- On-site massages and contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?
They’re on the list of 100 Best Medium Companies to work for, worth exploring!