Senior Storage Engineer
As a Cloud Storage Engineer you will help manage the storage infrastructure within the organization’s private cloud for a fast-growing, and exciting company. Work with a fun team and leverage state-of-the art technology to help host highly technical and complex problems. If you enjoy solving puzzles and working with a wide variety of technologies.
• Manage the NetApp and Nimble Storage capabilities in multiple Datacenters.
• Deploy and operates the cloud infrastructure.
• Implements storage services in the Datacenters.
• Provide support for various storage products and topologies.
• Record and documents technical procedures.
• Participate in on-call support services coverage.
• Collaborate with systems architects and engineers on various infrastructure projects and initiatives.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. If you would enjoy working for a fast-growing company
2. If you like working on complex tasks and troubleshooting issues
3. If you want to learn and work with new technologies
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You do not like working in a complex, large datacenter environment
2. You do not enjoy working collaboratively with systems architects and engineers
3. You do not want to participate in on-call support services coverage
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in related field, such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering, plus at least 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Net App Administration.
• Professional experience in complex technical project management.
• Proven experience designing and deploying virtualized infrastructures such as KVM, Xen, VMWare.
• Advanced understanding of NAS and SAN protocols (ISCSI, FC, FCoE, NFS).
• Advanced knowledge of scripting languages (Shell/Perl/Python/Ruby).
• Experience working with centralized storage.
• Experience in identifying, troubleshooting and administering storage solutions.
• Knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle) – and advantage.
• Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and order data.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
It would be awesome if you also had…
• ITIL/ITSM knowledge.
• Knowledge of configuration and management technologies such as Chef and Puppet.
Other important information about this position:
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities.