Service Desk Technician
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+
Required Education : College Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Thursday - Sunday, 7:30 PM to 6 AM (4 days/week, 10 hours/day)
- Monday - Friday, 11 AM to 7:30 PM
- Perform operational activities, including system save and restore, AS400 IPL, server reboot, offsite tape storage and report generation and distribution.
- Monitor AS400 processes, backups and alerting software, including Nagios, Robot, MIMIX, QMessage Monitor and QSYSOPR.
- Escalate issues to other IT resolver teams, perform shift turnover duties and data center inspections, and work with AS400 print jobs. Contact vendors as needed.
- Create incident tickets to document issues and route them to appropriate support group for processing.
- Provide Level 1 support and troubleshooting for desktop and laptop hardware / software issues.
- Perform user account setup, security maintenance and systems monitoring.
- Participate in disaster recovery and business continuity (DRBC) exercises.
Required Qualifications :
- 2+ years service desk support and data center operator experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis with IBM Power Systems (AS400), Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Windows network printing, Windows 7 and Active Directory.
- Strong problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent understanding of basic system monitoring and operator fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of basic networking fundamentals.
- Experience with continuous feed printing systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day instructions.
- Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.