Sharepoint/ .NET Developer / Architect
Our client isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but they act like one.
From day one, their people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means they seek out the best of the best, and then challenge them to make them better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. This company celebrates driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Their consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then this just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Seeking for a Technical Architect with strong application development and architecture skills to work with our clients to solve technology needs. Architects will be responsible for working directly with multiple clients in various industries leading a highly collaborative team of the best and brightest developers. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Technology practice on architecting and delivering digital workplace, portals and custom web development projects. As a technical architect, you will work closely with the technical team designing cloud based solutions, serving as a technical lead and implementing solutions that deliver measurable business value. Additionally, you will join the Technology Center of Excellence team to accelerate the development of digital workplace, portals, custom web development and cloud offerings, and work closely with the key industry leads to envision solutions to client’s business challenges and aid business development pursuits.
*****KEY NEEDS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Solid Sharepoint / .NET experience (Office 365 & Azure) - 3+ years (developer or architect)
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Travel is about 50% of time (US based)
What will you be doing?
- You will help clients envision future state capabilities, define & design modern application solutions to achieve that vision and lead the implementation of those modern applications for our clients
- You are expected to interact with key decision makers (CIO, IT Directors, etc...) at our clients to drive projects
- You are expected to lead technical delivery on client engagements
- You will serve as thought leader, solution visionary, technology expert and mentor to developers and others on the technology team
- You lead on full life-cycle projects from requirements gathering through development, implementation and roll-out
- You have the flexibility to be creative and impact designs with a “blank slate” development mentality within the general boundaries of clients’ expectations
- You work on highly interactive custom web applications as well as full application and system development / integration
- You will implement and customize SharePoint-based solutions for Digital Workplace, Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search
- You will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing applications to the cloud.
- You will help develop methodologies, libraries, tools, etc. to help our clients and our team to stay ahead of the curve.
Key Requirements - someone who has real world experience working with:
- Experience using cloud platforms such as Azure and Office 365 is required
- SharePoint architecture experience creating SharePoint solutions with apps/add-ins, master pages, custom page layouts, content types, workflows is required.
- Experience with client-side technologies such as AngularJS, ReactJS, TypeScript, KnockoutJS, and Handlebars is required.
- Strong software engineering experience with one or more of the following core competencies is required:
- .NET framework 4.0 & 4.5 (ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, and ADO.NET)
- Experience working with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with web services (SOAP / XML / JSON / WCF / etc…)
- Experience applying Agile methodologies
- Proven expertise with software engineering concepts (requirements management, development methodologies, testing and documentation) and an understanding of how technology applies to business concepts
- Solid demonstrated work experience with web-based development
- Understanding and demonstrated use of design patterns
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-native, secure, distributed applications that leverage microservice architecture, webservices, REST APIs, API Gateways, relational and NoSQL stores and loosely coupled messaging
- Demonstrated experience managing technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with test automation tools (NUnit, CruiseControl.NET, TeamCity, NCover, Cucumber, etc.)
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
What else do you need to bring to the table?
- BS / Computer Science required (MIS or equivalent)
- 3+ years of prior consulting experience in a professional services environment
- Willingness to implement as well as design solutions
- Experience in working with a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
- Experience multi-tasking and working on multiple client projects at a time
- Desire and ability to lead a team of 2-5 application developers
- Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen technical, business and consulting skills
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with the user community in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communication, effective consulting, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, let’s talk.
Think you’ve got what it takes?