Software Engineer (Java, .NET, IoT)
As a global leader in cash technology solutions, our client provides the financial, retail, cash center and gaming industries with confidence that their cash is protected and always working to help build a stronger business.
Our client's cash automation technologies and process engineering services help businesses in more than 100 countries optimize the handling, movement and management of cash. While they span the globe, they personally engage with each customer to address their unique challenges and goals; enhancing staff efficiency, reducing operating costs and enabling a more rewarding customer experience.
They offer peace of mind. They enable transformation. They generate options. They empower people. They do all this by releasing companies from the burden of cash management, putting cash to work, and helping customers enhance the value that their staff and facilities add to their business.
Looking for an energetic and innovative software engineer to work primarily on Java applications, .Net applications and IoT applications. Software engineering job includes developing real time transactional application systems to control the devices that count and dispense currency and coin. Job duties include visits to customer sites to discuss implementation and to gather enhancement details. Software engineer will develop engineering specifications, design, code and debug software applications and create the installation package.
- Develop application software using J2EE, .Net and IoT application development environments.
- Communicate with department managers to collect product requirement, identify tasks, assign tasks, and provide project timeline
- Collaborate with vendors and internal teams to construct and design new products
- Research in new technologies and make recommendations to improve current systems
- Utilize and manage internal resources to develop advanced software solutions
- Review and validate codes created other software engineers
- Support and develop software using software development lifecycle standards and best software development practices
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related degree
- 2-3 years as a software engineer, demonstrated success developing a variety of software applications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with complex security models and implementations, scalable approaches, dynamic content, and best practices
- Fluent in multiple object-oriented languages
- Experience in developing applications using Java and C# programming languages
- Experience with HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, Python, SOAP, TCP/IP, LAMP stacks
- Experience developing software with optical character recognition and image recognition technology is a plus.
- Experience with multiple relational database engines including MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, DB2
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Proficiency in developing complex software systems in mixed-environments including Linux, Windows, IOS
- Experience building native application in multiple Object-Oriented Programming Languages
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Familiar with scripting languages
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines