Software Engineer - Web User Interfaces (UI)
RESPONSIBILITY: In this role, the candidate will be responsible for developing web based user interfaces used by our customers, Bar patrons and staff, to gain access to the worlds largest multi-entertainment network. Working within a leading edge multi-tier java and Grails-based server architecture, the candidate will design and implement features within the Entertainment network.
REQUIRED: The successful candidate must have a strong technical background with a minimum of 2 years experience in software development. A demonstrated ability to learn quickly and develop high quality software is required.
The following specific skills are required for this position:
· Groovy programming and the Grails framework
· Experience with web-based development
· Knowledge of multi-tier architectures
· Java, J2EE, JUnit, Ant, Eclipse
· Experience using web services (REST, APIs and JSON)
· Experience with relational databases (mySQL preferred)
· Familiarity with React, bootstrap and node.js is a plus
· Experience working within a Scrum SDLC
Excellent written/verbal communication skills are also required.
REQUIRED: A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or closely related technical field.
PERSONAL TRAITS: Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced small team environment. A willingness to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done is essential. The ability to work well both individually as well as with others is required for this position. Demonstrated experience showing resourcefulness, a strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on commitments with minimal supervision are required.