Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of the information technology architecture or business processes to effectively support the business strategy. Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies. Design scalable, integrated, and re-usable applications and systems using architectural design patterns and process models. Design applications using service oriented architecture and create, coordinate, and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts. Able to interface across several business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects. Able to conceptualize solutions, build consensus and execute solutions. May conduct research, analysis, design in order to make recommendations that advance business capabilities. Able to evaluate business requirements and deliver solution designs based on business requirements.
· Assess mission critical system objectives in the context of existing enterprise, data or technical architectures and contribute to development of consistent migration objectives, strategies, and tactical plans to achieve them.
· Work with data architecture and physical infrastructure teams to ensure that data, infrastructure and applications architectures are aligned. Aid in defining and pulling together IT standards, guidelines and statements of direction for each and advising and guiding active projects to ensure alignment with defined end-state architectures.
· Support the translation of system direction, technologies and priorities into a map to lead efforts toward migration objectives.
· Collaborate with principal customers and business analysts in applications, enterprise infrastructure, business technology, and other key departments, depending on the architecture area, to define current architectures, identify real or potential problem areas, and facilitate consensus on integration, nature and timing of changes.
· Facilitate teams of technical experts and other stakeholders in defining principles and recommend standards. Facilitate the assessment and decision making process, providing expertise and intelligence regarding options and directions, and ensuring that appropriate issues are raised and answered
· Expedite efforts of stakeholders to determine the most effective way to support processes through technology as it relates to architectural decisions, resolving various architectural links and technology choices in building corporate models. Anticipate associated technical issues affecting the architecture and communicate issues to appropriate team member(s).
· Manage the capture, management and access of the data, and includes enterprise application architecture, data architecture and technical architecture. Ensure that information is complete and current to support the development and maintenance of information systems, and that developers are familiar with use of the software.
· Perform high level design for new applications/systems projects. Actively search for opportunities for architectural and other types of reuse.
· Provide direction and mentoring to the technical analysts and developers to ensure consistent architectural approaches are utilized.
· Work with project managers to aid in the coordination of project timelines, resource allocation and other project activities, from an architecture perspective.
· Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
· Solid experience in planning/architecture development and support, with experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments.
· 5-7 years’ experience as follows:
. Analyzing, designing, developing, and maintaining custom object-oriented software applications for windows, web and mobile using Microsoft design patterns and Agile and Waterfall methodologies
. Automated build, test, and deployment technologies
. Providing architectural risk assessments and architecture reviews of software systems
. Data analysis and modeling at the enterprise level
. Preparing functional specifications, Gap/Fit documents, risk analysis, cost benefit analysis, feasibility studies, and process specifications for applications and products using tools including Microsoft Office, Visio, and UML;
. Defining and validating business models,
. Developing Web Applications and Custom Controls in VB.Net, C#.Net, ASP.Net, JQuery, JSON, Silverlight, XML and WPF using Webforms and MVC 4+, Angular JS, and related UI technologies
. Creating tables, views, stored procedures, and functions using SQL Server, building and designing reports using SSRS and database automations with SSIS
. Implementing database connectivity using Entity Framework
. Working with TFS and implementing deployments using Team City
. Service Oriented Architecture and Service Modeling
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Integrating custom applications with Pageflex a plus
· Ability to explain complex architecture to other technical resources.
· Experience in implementing architectural design patterns
· Experience in writing technical documentation
· Experience developing product in a SaaS environment
· Experience in print or manufacturing environments a plus
· Experience in inventory/order management systems a plus
· Excellent communication skills; verbal, written