Solutions Engineer - Texas (West)
The Solutions Engineer for the region is the main technical point of contact for Major and Strategic Accounts in the region. The SE should have significant experience selling and/or designing enterprise branch networking, security, and wireless solutions. Proven track record with selling into Financial, Retail, and medium size branch networks. The SE is part of a of Regional Sales team, working with Field Sales Director’s addressing technical objections during the sales process, creating end to end solutions and exceeding quarterly sales objectives.
Territory Includes: TX, OK, LA, AR (Ideally living in Dallas)
- Create and drive technical strategy for major accounts by aligning Company technology roadmaps with the accounts vision and strategy.
- Train and evangelize customers, partners and carrier SE’s on Company solutions and technology.
- Exceed quarterly sales quota targets and management objectives.
- Document end to end enterprise solution designs and architectures.
- Proactively identify potential 3rd party partners that would enhance Company Products and cloud offerings.
- Manage trials, pilot activity with strategic end customers throughout the sales process.
- Document and prioritize new features and solution requests from the region.
- Periodically develop white papers and solution briefs.
- Create and deliver technical product and roadmap training presentations.
- Engage and coordinate Company enterprise support team during pre-sales trial and pilot activities.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and selling edge enterprise branch routing, security and wireless solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in a systems engineering, sales engineering, solutions architect role for Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and/or security products.
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud management solutions for the networking, security or wireless industry.
- Should have practical experience or strong knowledge in one or multiple areas:
- LAN/WAN network topologies and interworking (ie MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
- Enterprise, Carrier or Public WiFi solutions (ie. Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba, Cisco).
- Solid understanding of 3GPP(HSPA+,LTE)/3GPP2(EV_DO) Broadband Wireless Data Architectures.
- Virtual Private Network Solutions and Technology.
- Network Management Solutions.
- Network Security (ie UTM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SBC, ACL, NAT).
- Network and/or Customer Experience Analytics.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree.