Solutions Engineer - West (SME)
The Solutions Engineer subject matter expert will assist their West Account Mangers counterpart with positioning and selling complex networking communication solutions to Large Enterprise and Public Sector prospects and customers. The SE (SME) must have extensive knowledge of complex networking and communications systems architecture and the processes that makes these solutions work.
The SE (SME) will Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to customers and prospective customers while conferring with the same to assess equipment needs and determine system requirements.
The SE (SME) will collaborate with sales teams, channel partners, and customers to understand customer requirements and provide sales support. Engage in competitive product evaluations and bake-offs, and position company solutions for success. Drive demos and evals to successful completion and sale. Conduct thorough discovery, to properly align company and help customers identify and solve problems with company solutions. Recommend appropriate solutions to customers, demonstrating value through adoption and a return on their investment The SE (SME) will be expected to assist the company in researching and developing new products. The SE (SME) candidate should live within the West region defined as states west of the Mississippi.
Can live in any major city close to airport.
- LAN/WAN network topologies and interworking (ie MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Enterprise, Carrier or Public WiFi solutions (ie. Meraki, Ruckus)
- Solid understanding of 3GPP(HSPA+,LTE)/3GPP2(EV_DO) Broadband Wireless Data Architectures
- Virtual Private Network Solutions and Technology
- Network Management Solutions
- Network Security (ie UTM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SBC, ACL, NAT)
- Network and/or Customer Experience Analytics
- Must be able to travel and schedule overnight stays approximately 7 – 10 days throughout the year.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and selling edge enterprise branch routing, security and wireless solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in a systems engineering, sales engineering, solutions architect role for Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and/or security products.
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud management solutions for the networking, security or wireless industry.
- Preferred - Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree