SQA Manager (Software Quality Assurance)
Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Our client is not a typical financial institution – they are better. They’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to their company and the communities they do business in. They love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of their employees say they are a great workplace that is focused on their mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for managing the product quality for the company’s web and mobile applications. Working in an Agile software development environment, the SQA Manager will provide quality assurance leadership, own the testing strategy, identify testing tools, define the testing approach for all member impacting software products and services and be ultimately responsible for ensuring high quality products are developed and released to members. This individual must have a proven track record of successfully building, leading, and managing a multi-disciplinary team of Agilists with a strong sense of quality ownership. This position requires the candidate to have an established background in .NET web software development solution, agile software development methodology, excellent project management skills and great communication skills. Direction is received from the VP, Information Technology.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that products meet business and user requirements
- Work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect testing strategies, plans, estimates, and schedules, to deliver "feature complete" code to production
- Lead/execute functional and user acceptance test cycles; set up Test lab with hardware/software configurations needed
- Facilitate project problem solving and troubleshooting of quality issues
- Lead/execute the full annual release cycle
- Provide documentation to management and project teams to determined release readiness of products or product features
- Identify staffing resource requirements and skill sets required to meet project quality goals, and work with Staff Augmentation Services when extended resources are required (including all contract management functions)
- Develop the long term strategy for functional testing, automation, company SQA test and best practices and SQA team talent development
- Develop and maintain project schedules, and manage resources including coordinating time tracking for QA team members, adjusting assignments as necessary to accommodate issues, scope or timeline changes, revised work estimates and/or resource availability constraints
- Evaluate and/or implement tools needed for test automation
- Provide thought leadership in company SQA practices, providing feedback at all phases of the product development life cycle
- Apply great management practices in leading an engaged workforce to effectively deliver the value of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that SQA Team member development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
- Develop and manage employee engagement strategy while facilitating on-going, meaningful recognition of SQA team and individual successes.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, you have a minimum of 5 years management in Software Quality Assurance. Additionally you have:
- 5 years leading test and release efforts for organization that delivers medium to large, complex IT development projects for transaction-based and data information products is a must
- 3+ years working in an SCRUM/agile software development environment, and you have:
- Experience developing an overall software release program, including software build and deployment
- Experience in testing Web Software Applications / Database applications produced using C# .NET, VB, Access, and SQL Server
- Ability to communicate and present at all levels of an organization
As a thank you for joining their team, you’ll benefit from:
When you’re happy, they’re happy!
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
Still not convinced?
They’re on the list of 100 Best Medium Companies to work for….