SQL Server/SQL Developer
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced SQL Developer who will be responsible for developing applications and integrations using the Microsoft SQL Server platform. The position will work with our Energy Settlement Network developers to provide data services for existing and new modules/functions and provide ongoing database support for systems. This individual will also perform data analysis, assess data quality, perform data cleanup and develop benchmarks. This position requires a strong blend of communication and technical skills.
There is enormous opportunity to develop exciting new capabilities that will key the growth of the company. Leveraging your passion and data expertise, you will be a member of the team that is transforming our organization.
Essential Functions and Duties:
The following duties and responsibilities reflect the essential functions for this position but do not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time based on business needs. To be successful in this position, the SQL Server DBA/SQL Developer must proficiently:
- Design and development of MS SQL Server database objects and procedural code supporting various custom and 3rd party applications, including writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers
- Optimize and tune MS SQL databases and queries and perform database normalization
- Work with application developers to provide data services for existing and new applications
- Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date
- Assess and maintain data integrity
- Support and troubleshoot application issues and document solutions
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 10 + years of experience in database design including referential integrity, with strong understanding of key data elements, table indexing and database tuning and data architecture
- 10 + years of experience developing highly tuned T-SQL Stored Procedures including but not limited to sprocs, views, triggers and optimization for speed for web front-end applications or OLTP applications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Enterprise Edition Administration experience required
- Ability to solve complex problems, strong analytical skills and the ability to trace issues to the root source
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- NoSQL knowledge
- RavenDB or similar JSON based database
- Data Warehousing and BI platforms
- Working in a hosted environment