Sr. Cisco Network Engineer
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8-10+
Required Education : College Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a senior-level, Cisco candidate that can perform various Cisco related functions within the enterprise. This candidate must be able to work independently, as well as collectively as a part of team.
This person should be proficient in Cisco technologies, particularly Cisco 2921, Cisco 3550, Cisco 3750, Nexus 7004, Cisco ASA5520 and Cisco 5505’s. You will be assisting the company's Cisco Engineers with day-to-day activities involving Cisco equipment, technologies and concepts. This person will also assist in the planning and implementation of company’s network initiatives.
Example projects include:
- Replace the aged Cisco 3550 switches with Cisco 3750 switches with the latest IOS version.
- Implementation/management of port security on these switches will be a focus.
- Planning/Implementation of the Cisco VPN clients to Cisco Anyconnect, this initiative will require that all rules and user profiles are defined for the environment following Cisco best practices, while still allowing business functionality.
- Assist with completing the migration of the remaining equipment connected to the Cisco 6509 switch to the Nexus 7004 core switch.
- Monitor/Implement Cisco ASA 5505 firewall changes to improve PCI security initiatives for all remote station ASA devices.
Required Qualifications :
- 8 plus years of Cisco experience managing medium to large data centers and multi-site environments
- Experience with Nexus switches in medium or large size data centers
- Experience with Cisco ASA Security, site-to-site VPN (IPSEC), and Anyconnect
- Experience interconnecting with networking technologies including HP blade enclosures, VMware/vSphere, F5 application delivery controllers
- Experience with Cisco wireless network including implementation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of layer 2/3 concepts and designs
- CCNP required
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels of personnel and management
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize work assignments, etc.