Sr. Database Administrator
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-7+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Install, configure, develop, administer, and support databases.
- Implement new integrations, suggest improvements, perform capacity planning and daily report analysis and diagnosis.
- Determine DB operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Architect enterprise-wide high availability and disaster recovery database strategies, and cloud solutions design for analytics.
- Perform modeling and implementation of non-relational databases, including Mongo DB and Dynamo DB.
- Design and execute data processing across MPP (Massively parallel processing) systems using distributed computing techniques.
- Design eventual consistency models for Always-ON logging & transactional databases.
- Perform replication services setup and support.
- Automate operational procedures including server administration, deployment, reporting, log rotations, archiving, back-ups, patches and upgrades.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Technical environment: MQ, MFT implementations in multi-platform environment, AIX, Linux, Unix, Windows, IBM Support Assistant, IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer, Netezza, Dash db, HADR, Bash, Korn, SQL Server, IBM I, DB2, Powershell, shell scripting; relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 LUW on Windows, Linux & Unix platforms), Apache SOLR, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB, Microsoft Integration Services, Microsoft Reporting Services, Postgre SQL, IBM DB2 Purescale, DB2 BLU acceleration, AS400, IBM cloud solutions, IBM bluemix, Oracle RAC & Microsoft Always-ON technologies, Apache Cassandra, Elastic Search, ELk Stack, Graphite, Apache Lucene.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or any Engineering field plus five years of experience in the job offered or with database administration required.
- OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any Engineering field plus three years of experience in the job offered or with database administration
- Must have previous installation, configuration, & development experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 LUW on Windows, Linux & Unix platforms);
- architecting enterprise-wide high availability & disaster recovery database strategies on HADR, Oracle RAC & Microsoft Always-ON technologies
- designing & executing data processing across MPP systems using distributed computing techniques
- modeling & implementation of Mongo DB, Dynamo DB
- designing eventual consistency models for Always-ON logging & transactional databases
- installation and administration of Apache SOLR, MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Elastic Search, Elk Stack
- Korn, Netezza, analyzing DB problems using IBM Support Assistant, Tivoli Performance Viewer; AIX administration
- designing disaster, recovery solutions and cloud solutions design for analytics, Powershell, shell scripting, Graphite & Apache Lucene.