Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer
Seeking a self-motivated, creative Embedded Firmware Engineer with a demonstrated ability to design, develop and verify software / firmware for compact, low-power, embedded microcontroller electronic products. This individual will be responsible for investigating and developing algorithms, creating embedded firmware, and integrating and verifying system performance of advanced commercial and industrial water control and sensing products. The system firmware will directly control real-time sensors, motors and solenoids, and provide user interfaces while realizing robust and reliable product functions. This role will have significant impact in differentiating the company from the competition by optimizing the customer experience though intelligent products and industry-leading technology.
- Research, develop, verify and release embedded firmware for low-power microcontroller platforms controlling real-time sensors and actuators in commercial and industrial water management products.
- Take ownership of the system-level firmware architecture and lead other firmware developers through a fully integrated platform / product solution.
- Translate high-level project and system requirements into well structured software architectures and optimized firmware.
- Develop, implement and maintain accurate software design requirements, functional specifications, and test plans.
- Conduct system level preliminary and detailed software / firmware design reviews to ensure adherence to design requirements. Document and address all issues in a timely manner.
- Interact with cross-functional electronics, mechanical, test and production team members to optimize product definition, performance and manufacturability.
- Keep abreast of industry concepts, products, and trends associated with water control and management products in order to evaluate and deploy the optimal solutions.
Capabilities and Success Factors
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player with desire to succeed.