Sr. Product Manager
We are building systems that will extend our market leadership for another 90 years. While lots of companies talk about “digital revolutions” or “delightful experiences”, we’re focusing on building the stuff that matters. Our expertise is borne of a profound understanding of our customer and their needs and how our products and services do and should create value for them. It’s borne of sweat and toil and dealing with complexity and scale problems that few companies are privileged enough to enjoy. We are looking for exceptional product managers to help guide and chart a course for the enterprise systems and application development so that we continue to be the destination for “the ones that get it done”.
The Product Management Leader leads the creation of multiple product strategies, visions, and roadmaps of future products and evangelizes the company vision across the organization. This role is inherently cross-functional and will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and the executive teams to envision, develop and launch innovative products. The Product Management Leader is both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications. The Product Management Leader is customer focused and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful products and services. The Product Management Leader is passionate about creating industry leading solutions that create advantage for us.
The role will solve complex, cutting-edge problems and lead a team that gets things done. The Product Management Leader will assume end-to-end accountability for a portfolio of technical products.
- Build an end to end understanding of the industrial distribution business. Be a passionate advocate for the customer. Be a subject matter expert on competitors, products and industry needs.
- Achieve excellence in thought leadership and influence the organization towards company goals.
- Evangelize the company vision across the organization. Inspire the team and the broader organization with the product vision, and work cross functionally to bring the product to life.
- Lead and coach a team of 3 to 5 Sr. Product Managers and their teams in the development of multiple products.
- Conceptualize the needs of the business and work with the Product Leaders to build the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and requirements; as well as ensure we sustain, build adoption, focus on project management results, and communicate effectively:
Define the product vision in alignment with rhythm of business (i.e. annual planning, 3 year planning, etc.). Use knowledge of both the company and the industry to ensure the platform stays current with emerging technologies and industry trends.
Strategy, roadmap, and requirements:
Develop the product roadmap by defining both long term strategy and short term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results. Assess the needs, opportunities, and pain points for the platform within company's evolving systems landscape. Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing, delivering and launching major product releases and incorporating enhancement requests to existing features. Deliver in a consistent cadence of releases. Translate customer needs into product requirements.
Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your given area of focus.
Readiness planning starts when the project is conceived. Communicate and coordinate launch across all organizations including business and engineering teams. Pre-coordinate with adopting teams. Define, deliver (or update) readiness materials, FAQs, etc. as required to support launch.
Project management results:
Define both long strategy and short term plans to achieve the product vision and deliver business results. Manages the coordination of activities into a single product release with consideration of schedule, risk management, escalation of issues, balances tradeoffs, etc.
Both facilitate and develop content for meetings up to the VP level landing the appropriate message for the audience.
· Strong change leadership including the ability to coach and consult leaders on the steps necessary to lead change.
· Expert ability to design complex solutions to create advantaged software.
· General manager mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others.
· Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
· Superior process design skills and operational orientation.
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and navigate matrixed organization.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
· Comfort with ambiguity.
· Thrives under pressure and working to aggressive timelines.
· Insatiable will to get stuff done.
· BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, science, math or related field. MS or MBA preferred.
· 10+ years’ of progressive leadership in product management
· Solid proven track record of driving multiple initiatives simultaneously; preferably within a large organization.
· Experience with building, managing, growing and developing a product management team.
· Demonstrated expertise within industrial distribution.
· A track record of successfully managing products through entire life cycle – from inception to launch.
· A track record of delivering business results and managing a product or product line P&L.