Sr. ServiceNow Developer
Under minimal supervision to the Senior Manager of Basis Operations, Security and Development, serves as the primary technical subject matter expert for company's ServiceNow platform. Responsible for the overall design, development, configuration, customizing and delivery of quality, scalable, efficient solutions in ServiceNow that provide great customer experience. Will develop a strong understanding of the strategic objectives, challenges and opportunities from a business and IT perspective and ensure the solutions proposed meet these objectives. Requires exposure to industry best practices and technology trends with the ability and interest to expand across technologies, when required. Implements best practice design, development and delivery standards. Collaborates closely with IT teams and business stakeholders globally to fully understand and deliver on the requirements, design, architecture, development and testing of the solutions. Utilizes expert level understanding to perform incident management, problem management, knowledge management, release management, service request management, change management, configuration and asset management.
- Designs, configures, develops, customizes and implements ServiceNow related initiatives from discovery to release.
- Maps business requirements, identifies gaps between current state and desired end state, proposes solution options and delivers a comprehensive solution.
- Demonstrates the necessary functional and hands on technical knowledge and experience to write business rules, develop workflows, email notifications, UI, reports, and schedule jobs.
- Builds ServiceNow user interfaces and related components providing great customer experience.
- Works with Service Portal to build portal and custom widgets, design of custom reports and basic data loading principles.
- Builds workflows, forms, scripts, events and emails for automation, triggers and for building applications.
- Builds applications following general best practices for secure, scalable, efficient and robust applications.
- Collaborates and partners with IT teams and business users globally to design, build and test solutions that meet business needs.
- Supports performance tuning and maintenance activities as needed and ensures technical solutions meet the performance and security guidelines and standards.
- Conducts design reviews, code reviews per best practices and established SDLC guidelines.
- Proactively monitors and supports the production landscape to address issues in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to the development life cycle both from a project/process perspective and technically to ensure the proposed solutions are sustainable, maintainable and meet business needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 6 years of overall IT experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a ServiceNow developer in various roles, with demonstrated experience in implementation projects including hands-on experience with ServiceNow Studio and Service Portal
- Experience with clear and concise communication, strong problem solving skills and technical expertise on the ServiceNow platform.
- Expertise in interfacing technologies like REST, SOAP services, etc.
- Experience in Angular JS would be a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience with ITIL best practices
- Good communication skills, customer excellence focus and organizational skills.
- Exposure to proven project methodology practices and Software Development Life Cycle preferred
- ServiceNow Developer and implementation certification preferred
- Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.