Sr. Software QA
Location : Gurnee, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Working with QA Team and Business Analysts to create and execute test cases and ensure that the software tested meets the provided functional and non-functional requirements and meets highest levels of quality.
- Develops, implements and publishes Software QA reporting, ensuring that product inadequacies, processes or standards may be addressed in a timely manner;
- Ensuring all issues are clearly documented in the issue tracking system;
- Working closely with development team to facilitate resolution of errors and issues;
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation;
- Using Microsoft Test Manager to document Testcases.
- Execute and Maintain Automated Tests built in Coded UI Automation framework.
- Using JIRA to enter Software defects.
- Using Microsoft Office Suite to communicate and document.
- Work with the QA Director to continually refine and improve our Quality Assurance process
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 4+ years of hands-on QA Testing experience in documenting and executing test cases/steps, test suites and test plans;
- 2+ years’ experience in C# Programming language.
- Hands on Experience with running automated tests using Microsoft Coded UI Test Automation and Experience with Coded UI Automation Framework.
- 2+ years’ experience in functional and non-functional testing;
- 2+ years' Test Automation Experience
- 2+ years’ Experience using Visual Studio IDE, Microsoft.Net Framework
- 2+ years’ experience in executing provided SQL queries
- 2+ years’ experience in identification and reporting of software defects using JIRA
- Experience with Selenium automation is a plus.
- Experience building automation frameworks is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the Application Lifecycle Management/Software Development Life Cycle;
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and documentation;
- Experience in generating and analyzing quality metrics and trends;
- Experience in documenting and supporting User Acceptance Testing;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in testing Data Warehouse as well as SQL based reports is a plus;
- Experience in defining and using test data sets;
- Experience in Third Party software verification, integration and data mapping.