Sr. Systems Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr Systems Administrator to join our IT team in Niles, IL. The Administrator will participate within a dynamic and globally expanding infrastructure environment which includes focus and dedication to leveraging cloud technologies, and systems transformation. Contributes to a high-performing team by constantly improving the corporate infrastructure through optimization, automation and leveraging new tools and processes. Provides thought leadership and actively contributes to multiple business-enabling projects while providing day-to-day technical support to others on the Systems Administration team as well as the Desktop Services team.
- Serve as a SME on large, complex and global infrastructure projects that may require cross-department resources and coordination.
- Manage our existing HP and Microsoft Windows server environment, including 2008/2012 Active Directory Services, 2008/2012 Microsoft Windows Servers, 2010/2013 Microsoft Exchange Servers including responsibility for supporting and optimizing the patch strategy for our servers.
- Support and improve the Enterprise Data Center Backup operations and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Evaluate issues and trending to identify root-causes and implement improvements in the enterprise.
- Audit, Monitor and optimize systems in order to achieve and maintain maximum performance
- Develop and document programs, scripts, and standard operating procedures pertaining to systems administration
- Research and assess future technology options to support technology growth and maturity
- Develop and provide recommendations to aid in hardware and system software planning and budgeting.
- Support and implement cloud based solutions including but not limited to Microsoft 365, backups and collaboration tools.
- Work closely with the desktop, applications, regional resources and network teams to ensure high quality solutions and customer satisfactions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience with Microsoft Enterprise technologies
- MCSE certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory design, configuration and administration
- Proficiency with managing and maintaining Virtualization technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare vSphere
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync
- Experience with the design, implementation and support of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Windows Azure and other cloud technologies is highly desired
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise server security and patch management
- Comprehensive knowledge of configuration and change management
- Experience in an environment with multiple operating systems and Windows domains
- Solid understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and practices
- Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking when selecting and deploying methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to achieve desired results
- Ability to prioritize work and seek escalation in a timely manner when required
- Applies critical thinking to trouble-shoot problems quickly, under time constraints, and with interruptions. Problem resolution typically includes: understanding SLA management and reporting, restricting knowledge transfer to pertinent information only, following notification processes and protocols and managing multiple issues simultaneously
- Project experience, involving work on multiple projects as a project leader or subject matter expert
Additional Skills and Knowledge - The following technical skills and knowledge are helpful:
- Leadership of cross-functional, cooperative efforts with team members across divisions
- International experience at global electronics manufacturing company
- Feedback on performance management
- Global IT support