Sr. Variable Print Programmer
Job Overview/Management Expectations
The Sr. Variable Print Programmer’s role is to code, test and implement variable print programming. They are expected to be proficient in 1 or more languages and to have had exposure to 2 or more. Key software packages would be GMC, or XMPie. A variable print programmer has a strong background in print design and pre-press, with the related visual and spatial skills and experience in adobe, quark and indesign products (creative suite). They are detail oriented and should strive for complete accuracy in variable project implementation. They are expected to collaborate with project management, application developers and clients to deliver effective solutions.
- Design, develop and test variable print projects.
- Administer variable print software environments to resolve issues and maintain operations.
- Evaluate test and production output for accuracy to provided specifications.
- Capable to dimension and resolve issues of any complexity rating.
- Interface with QA to resolve bugs and provide corrective actions.
- Communicate with project management about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
- Record time spent and details related to tasks, bugs, fixes assigned.
- Mentor and assist other variable print programmers on their technical responsibilities.
- Improve development procedures to increase solution’s quality.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures related to security and protecting privacy of client and company information.
- Role may work directly with confidential client data containing protected health information and/or personally identifiable information and individual must complete annual HIPAA and FISMA training.
- Support other tasks and responsibilities, both permanent and tempo
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to:
- Read and act upon client communications (e-mails) in a timely manner
- Overall 8+ years’ experience as a Variable Print Programmer including:
- Substantial experience in GMC (preferred), Pageflex, XMPie and/or other similar tools.
- Knowledge of Mail processing software including Satori (Preferred), BCC Mail Manager, Postal One, etc
- Substantial experience in structured data such as XML, SQL Server and/or delimited data.
- Knowledge of software development techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of database administration.
- Exposure to software development life cycle.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar print design tools.
- Proficiency in English. Exposure to 2 or more total languages.
- 2-yr college degree in Graphics Design or equivalent experience is required.