Location : Hammond, IN
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+
Required Education : College Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are looking for a talented, Systems Administrator to join our growing team.
- Manage and maintain assigned servers includingday-to-day maintenance, patching, and documentation.
- Provide mentoring to student workers, supervise student workers.
- Assist System Administrator and Sr. System Administrator with administration of system.
- Create and update ‘as-built’ documentation for assigned systems.
- Remediate any identified security issues on assigned systems, work with IS Security office.
- Work on tickets in the Server Administration queue.
- Research and recommend new technologies and services to further the University’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- Some college courses in Computer Science or a closely related field plus one year closely related experience, or Associates Degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
- One year of experience in system administration or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills are required.
- Must be able to clearly document processes and procedures.
- Operational knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and/or Red Hat Linux is required.
- Operational knowledge of Active Directory and related services is required. Certifications from Microsoft, Red Hat, or AWS are a plus.
- As business needs arise employees may be required to travel between campuses and/or be reassigned to a different campus location.
- Off-hour availability may be necessary.