Systems Analyst - RIS - Imaging Informatics
An RIS Systems Analyst is responsible for understanding the workflows, policies/procedures and technology in order to build and support RIS and related applications used in the clinical imaging environment. Responsibilities include technical support and application build for RIS applications. Will also require some interaction with the PACS, Voice Recognition/Dictation and other systems as they relate to RIS functionality. Also, will guide basic QA functions and perform other tasks as assigned.
MUST HAVE Position Requirements (Please indicate MEET, EXCEED, OR NOT AT ALL):
Associate Degree or Bachelors in Computer Science, Clinical Informatics, Biomedical Engineering or related field (or 2 years experience as medical imaging technologist)
- Certification in Epic Radiant - MUST HAVE
- Strong background with Cadence - MUST HAVE
HIGHLY DESIRED Position Requirements (Please indicate MEET, EXCEED, OR NOT AT ALL):
- 7 years related experience in clinical use or support of PCACS, RIS and other clinical imaging informatics systems
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Clinical Informatics, Biomedical Engineering or related field preferred
- Decision tree knowledge highly desired
- Training in clinical applications, work flows, medical imaging procedures and medical terminology
- Excellent written/verbal comm. Ability to train individuals or groups in classroom setting
- Certification in Epic Radiant is required, very strong background with Cadence is needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the clinical use or support of PACS, RIS, and other clinical imaging informatics systems is required.
- If individual doesn't have an associate degree, then 6 years of relevant work experience is required.
- 7 years of related experience in the clinical use or support of PACS, RIS, and other clinical imaging informatics systems is preferred.
- An associate degree of Science in IT, Clinical Informatics, or related field or 2 years experience as a medical imaging technologist required. In lieu of the associate degree, a total of 6 years of relevant work experience is required. A bachelors degree of Science in Computer Science, Clinical Informatics, Biomedical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Training in clinical applications, workflows, medical imaging procedures, medical terminology and basic RIS support and building. Advanced knowledge of clinical applications, workflows, medical imaging procedures, and medical terminology.
- Advanced PACS/RIS support.
- Develops and participates in new system or new functionality testing for RIS.
- Runs small scope projects, develops project plans in an organized manner, identifies appropriate resources to achieve the desired results and possess the ability to drive the project to completion.
- Carries out work in a fiscally responsible manner and identifies cost reductions and financial opportunities related to RIS.
- Supports key quality initiatives and participates in process improvement activities around technology utilization.
- Provides consultation and guidance to customers on the use of imaging informatics systems. Assists or participates in content development and presentation in collaboration with clinical staff and educational services.
- Promote a team dynamic through effective departmental communication and inclusive discussion. Customer interactions build team credibility and create the perception of a cohesive and efficient support structure.
- Applies Epic Radiant training and experience to support, build and enhance system functionality by understanding the customers needs and the capabilities of the Epic platform. Possess an understanding of clinical terminology, workflows and concepts necessary to perform specific job function.
- Maneuvers complex problems, exhibits methodical troubleshooting ability, and uses critical thinking skills to develop workable solutions.
- Adequately evaluates unscheduled support requests and responds with composure using the appropriate level of urgency. Participates in afterhours and on-call rotation as necessary.
- Participates in the build, support and testing of Epic Radiant and related applications.