Tax Manager and Compliance
Tax Manager & Compliance
The successful candidate will be responsible for income taxes for US, Mexico & Canada and US based state & local sales & use tax compliance. This candidate will need to work with our Japanese HQ tax group on all international tax matters as well as research local and international tax issues and opportunities. The Managers will managing and coordinating the tax services for all accounting firms engaged. This role will be responsible for managing and coordinating federal and state audits for income and sales and use taxes as well. Note that this position will be responsible for the JSOX documents, procedures and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related degree required. Post-graduate tax education, such as a Masters in taxation, is a plus.
- CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of exclusive tax experience.
- Strong federal tax background including; consolidated C Corporation, FAS 109, FIN 48, and a basic understanding of mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring.
- Solid international tax skills including experience with inbound and outbound foreign investment including, intercompany transactions documentation, transfer pricing, foreign tax credit calculations, and all international reporting and compliance matters.
- Public accounting experience, preferable Big 4.
- Understanding of internal controls and process flows
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Business and financial acumen. Ability to analyze and disseminate large amounts of data.
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer’s needs, both internal and external. Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within ERP software (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
- Experience with Avalara for resale certificate management (or other related services) a plus.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- Vision, creativity and a quality mindset.