The Technical Architect is highly visible & strategic role, primarily responsible for solutioning and business development of public, private, and hybrid cloud technologies and service offerings. Typical responsibilities for this position include design and implementation of Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure, and EMS. This role will play a key role in developing solution specific best practices, technical teams, and knowledgebase. Additionally, this role is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with relevant technology vendors and developing future business. The role will directly impact and help develop growth in our small and mid-market technology services practice.
Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex enterprise solutions around Microsoft public, private, and hybrid clouds.
- Polished communicator adept at producing advanced-client-ready presentations such as proposals, assessments, roadmaps, and design documents.
- Serve as cloud platform subject matter expert and provide escalation support to other PSM team members.
- Identify new opportunities and independently lead presales activities
- Aptitude to quickly understand clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly
- Gather business requirements and define technical tasks
- Lead small to medium sized project teams to deliver key initiatives and be the technical point person.
- Maintain and improve competencies across key technology areas
- Participate and support account planning, sales strategy and sales focused meetings
- Deliver speaking engagements and webinars at marketing events and trade shows
- Can independently manage large strategic accounts and projects without assistance
- Responsible for the management and revenue growth of assigned accounts
- Can independently run and operate a technical solution offering, service delivery line or large book of business
- Can manage teams of 4-8 engineers assigned to their accounts or projects
Competencies, Qualifications & Certifications:
- Advanced understanding and working knowledge related to:
- Office 365, Exchange Online, EM+S, other advanced O365 features
- private, public and hybrid datacenters
- Azure AD, ADConnect, ADFS, ARM/ASM, ASR, vnets, Azure gateways & appliances
- Automation/DevOps concepts, scripting and tools
- Azure resource and workload requirements
- Understanding of process to develop Azure/AWS migration & operating costs
- Microsoft server operating systems
- Active Directory, DNS, DFS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Exchange 2007/2010/2013 & experience with native and third party migration tools
- PowerShell command line and scripting language/techniques
- General working knowledge related to: Networking and security infrastructure
- Web, spam and anti-virus filtering
- Database infrastructure
- PBX, VoIP, and unified communications
- Enterprise client deployment and management
- Remote access solutions
- Compliance / UNIX/Linux / SAN / NAS storage devices Hyper-V, VMware, XenServer / Microsoft System Center suite / Backup & disaster recovery
- Bachelor degree related to IT and 10 years’ experience in IT consulting OR 15 years’ experience in IT consulting.
- MCSE and MCSA certifications
- CCNA and VCP a plus but not a requirement
- How many Office 365 / hosted Exchange migration projects have you architected & implemented in the last 2 years?
- What migration tools did you use for each exchange online project?
- How many users / mailboxes for each Office 365 / Exchange online project?
- How many Azure projects have you architected & implemented in the last 2 years?
- Give a summary one larger project you worked on, including what phases were you involved in & overview of your role and responsibilities
- Self-rating on Azure experience (Azure AD, AD FS, AD Connect, etc.) – (rate 1 thru 10)
- Self-rating on general AD experience – (rate 1 thru 10)
- Self-rating on on-premises exchange to hosted exchange experience – (rate 1 thru 10)