Technical Lead / Architect
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and forward-thinking member of the web development community with a minimum of 7 (or more) years of experience using Microsoft Technologies. We seek someone with expertise in .NET (C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET) development skills. The Technical Lead & Architect will report to the Director of Development and will be responsible for the development and delivery of iAPPS® software implementations and custom web applications from concept to completion.
You will work on many new projects for a variety of clients across a broad variety of industries, building custom development for unique business needs. In this small but growing department, there will be a lot of opportunities to contribute, while making a difference on dynamic applications for the Web. A lot of these projects are public facing websites that our visited by millions of users. You will have an opportunity to participate in all pieces of the development life cycle. As we expand our team, you will have a major impact on shaping the group in terms of guidelines, processes and best practices.
In the capacity of Technical Architect, you will develop the technical architecture for ASP.NET solutions built upon the iAPPS platform. While producing the technical architecture some solutions may require the more complex features to be stubbed out, proof of concept or other high level development. You would also be responsible for ongoing coordination with the project manager to ensure that the project execution is occurring according to established expectations regarding quality, completeness and timeliness. During the course of project execution you will also provide ongoing technical direction to the engineer team members assigned to your project. During the conclusion of the project you will conduct a code review with all developers, identifying areas of excellence and learning opportunities.
- Work with business development to architect top solutions for our customers.
- Hands-on participation in the design, development, and performance testing of web applications using Microsoft Technologies based on agreed schedules and established best practices.
- Member of Tech Lead team driving best practices, company standards and training.
- Train and mentor developers in best practices for iAPPS-based development.
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on application development experience using Microsoft .NET Technologies
- In depth knowledge of:
- .NET 3.5 and higher Framework (C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (including debugging and performance testing in Team Foundation Server)
- SQL Server 2008 and higher
- IIS / Hosting Environments
- Web Services
- HTML, XML
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including C-level presentation experience.