Sr. User Experience Architect
The UX leader will oversee a team that participates on the product teams and drives our design vision for all user interfaces. The ideal candidate for this position is a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer/user-focused solution. The UX leader is both creative and analytical, and is able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization.
- Lead, train & coach a team of 10-12 User Experience professionals (user experience designers, UX visual Designers, and UX measurement)
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of visual design, style guides and pattern libraries for all external and internal applications
- Establish and maintain best practices for research and design
- Work with product leaders to ensure that we are leveraging our UX expertise properly within our product teams to design and develop solutions for internal and external customers
- Oversee relevant research to motivate design decisions and inform product roadmap
- Leverage digital experience analytics to guide UX strategy and inform optimization
- Leverage UX measurement insights to inform and influence design decision-making with product and user experience teams and communicate the effectiveness of design solutions
Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary
- 8+ years of experience as a UX designer, architect or similar
- 5+ years with building, managing, growing and developing a user experience team
- 7+ years corporate B2B experience; Industrial Distribution preferred
- Demonstrate portfolio of work with a proven track record for designing solutions that solving complex problems
- Training in Human Centered Design and Design Methods
- Master of Design or Master of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of design, usability, and research best practices and standards
- Experience designing with front-end frameworks (preferred)
- Experience designing data-intensive applications (preferred)
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Continuous improvement and innovation mindset that results driving creativity, acting with agility and thinking outside current boundaries.
- Strong process design skills and operational orientation.
- Strong ability to partner across multiple disciplines and navigate a matrixed organization.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and contribute to project business cases.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Insatiable will to get stuff done.