Variable Pageflex Print Supervisor
The variable print supervisor’s role is two-fold:
Provides project leadership to VDP staff (team of 5) responsible for the design, development, configuration and implementation of the tools used within the team. Supervise staff in respective area to ensure work is completed on time, in budget and meets the standards established by the company. May be responsible for monitoring projects from beginning to end/final implementation. Ensure projects are completed according to established specifications and quality and are properly documented. Keep management informed of schedules, priorities, and problems.
Be a working supervisor who can code, test and implement variable print programming. Assignments involve translating mockups into template and some data manipulation. Primary programming tools are Pageflex and Adobe Creative Suite. A variable print supervisor has a strong background in print design and/or pre-press, with the related visual and spatial skills. They are detail oriented and should strive for complete accuracy in variable project output. Successful interaction with project management, developers and clients is key to being effective.
Supervisor Role (70%)
· Planning: Establish work plans and schedule ongoing daily assignments. Distribute assignments to staff based on pre-established priorities of group’s tasks and skills.
· Project Management: Organize and maintain work schedules for all projects. May lead projects, assigning and managing tasks for employees supervised. Maintain day-to-day records and reports of progress.
· Process Management: Implement and oversee work processes based on management definition. Measure productivity against established goals while noting any variances to management. Encourage team to review and improve work processes.
· Mentoring: Coach and monitor team's approach to completing work assignments. Serve as a resource and provide on-the-job training and advice on tasks to be accomplished. Assist management in establishing employees' accountabilities and reviewing performance level.
· Communication: Keep employees informed of customer and company expectations. Ensure ongoing priorities and assignments are met. Provide feedback on team performance against established assignments. Encourage team work among staff.
· Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures related to security and protecting privacy of client and company information.
· Role will work directly with confidential client data containing protected health information and/or personally identifiable information and individual must complete annual HIPAA training
· Support other tasks and responsibilities, both permanent and temporary as assigned or directed by management.
VDP Developer (30%)
· Design, develop and test variable print projects.
· Administer variable print software environments to resolve issues and maintain operations.
· Evaluate test and production output for accuracy to provided specifications.
· Interface with QA to resolve issues/defects and provide corrective actions.
· Communicate with project management about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
Record time spent and details related to tasks, defects, and fixes assigned.
· Bachelor degree in technology or graphics design field, or equivalent experience is required.
· 5-7 years’ experience in print production life cycle/prepress.
· 1-3 years’ experience supervising team members in either a direct supervisory role or in a team lead capacity
· 1-3 years’ experience in Pageflex a plus
· 1-3 years’ experience in Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar print design tools.
· XMPie, GMC, VIPP, Odda, and/or other similar tools a plus
· Knowledge of structured data in MS Excel and/or delimited data required, XML and/or SQL Server a plus.
· Quality and detail oriented.
· Exposure to software development life cycle, agile a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; solid presentation skills
· Strong people and project management skills
· Strong problem-solving and motivational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
Good time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, assuming time and resource constraints.