The Infrastructure/Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, architecture and implementation of a variety of IT infrastructure initiatives with a focus on virtualization technologies. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Typical responsibilities for this position include support of the following infrastructure platforms; Dell server platforms, APC infrastructure, server virtualization platforms e.g. VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, EUC (end user compute) virtualization platforms e.g. VMWare Horizon, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp, Liquidware Profile Unity, Microsoft server OS platforms and associated monitoring platforms e.g. Microsoft System Center, VMware vROPS, Liquidware Stratusphere and other related solutions.
- Partner with other engineers responsible for other infrastructure areas such as security, networking, storage and backup and recovery to architect solutions tailored to specific business requirements.
- Configuration, operation and administration of any server hardware, operating system and any monitoring or management as they relate to any of the physical or virtual infrastructure in any of the firm’s data center installations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related specialty and 4 or more years of equivalent technical/professional experience related to the design, installation and maintenance of server, storage, and networking platforms, preferably in a large legal or professional services firm or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications for VCP, MCP, MCITP, CCA, CCNA or high level are a plus.
- Advance knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory domains, directory services.
- Proven ability to design and implement virtual environments leveraging VMware vSphere, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Dell M1000e Blade Chassis and modules, EMC Unity and VNX arrays, Pure Flash storage, EMC Celerra, EMC Data Domain appliances as well as a solid understanding of underlying network, server and back office technologies.
- Must possess a solid understanding of client virtualization technologies such as VMware Horizon, and XenDesktop/XenApp including remote access gateway technologies for these platforms such as VMware UAG (Unified Access Gateway) and Citrix NetScaler.
- Superior analytical and technical skills with an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of software engineering in order to conduct detailed analyses of complex systems software and perform essential duties fundamental to the position.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to perform detailed mathematical calculations and apply complex mathematical concepts when computing, applying, and configuring probability and statistical inferences.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in exercising independent judgment with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical-thinking skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based upon results of research.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and training to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients.
- Maintain effective relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information.