VOIP Systems Developer
Our client connects hotel guests and staff using fast, reliable, user-friendly data and voice communications. The unique combination of hospitality expertise and a holistic technology platform is what sets us apart. And our obsession to deliver excellence at every step in the client relationship is what fuels our growth, allowing us to serve more than 4,000 hotels and touch over 1,000,000 users each day. As the pioneer of high speed internet for travel and hospitality clients, we’re leading innovation in the areas of cloud-based PBX/VOIP as well as WAN/LAN management with the goal of delivering guests a “just like home” connectivity experience that boosts guest satisfaction and loyalty for our clients.
The VoIP Systems Developer contributes to the strategic objectives of the Hosted Voice product team by developing, testing, and supporting company hosted voice applications and infrastructure to meet the demands of our clients in the hospitality industry. As part of an agile development team you will maintain platform stability through regular maintenance and operations tasks while squashing bugs and developing new features to contribute to the evolution of our products and services. Cloud-hosted services include: auto-attendant, voicemail, e-fax, PBX, Call accounting, monitoring, and integrations with various property management applications.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop scalable solutions to deliver reliable SIP services to tens of thousands distributed endpoints including on-prem SIP proxy servers, handsets, and soft-phones.
- Perform pre-production testing within staging environments
- Deploy features and changes to the production platform
- Monitor core voice infrastructure for capacity, integrity, and availability.
- Configure and maintain voice routing infrastructure assets
- Create custom provisioning tools to automate configuration of voice stack
- Participate in projects intended to improve infrastructure, including the integration of new systems and software
- Find and solve problems that arise in services
- Draft technical documentation (as-built) for all solutions
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to deployment and support teams
- Work with your team to contribute to continuous improvement efforts related to all process and technology
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 or more years of experience in the position of VoIP engineer or systems engineer
- Expert understanding of SIP Stack
- Strong understanding of TCP, RTP, RTCP, T.38 Protocols and standards
- Experience with configuring Asterisk, including writing dialplan code
- Familiarity with Linux system administration including: Install/configuration, managing services (restarting, configuring, etc.), Basic troubleshooting (reading log files, etc.)
- Experience managing systems within a VMWare hypervisor
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting VoIP equipment including ADTRAN, Oracle SBC/ECB, Vtech/Polycom/Cedis handsets, etc.)
- Scripting skills: One of more of: Shell, Perl, Python, vbs, cmd
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
- Experienced with or open to working in agile development teams
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and focused on excellence in service delivery
- Experience configuring Kamailio SIP server is desirable
- SQL Cluster configuration and administration (MariaDB/Galera a plus)
- Experience configuring Oracle Acme packet SBC
- Experience with a moderately complex AWS environment, including: VPC, subnetting in AWS, managing EC2 instances
- Familiarity with enterprise monitoring and logging platforms (Zabbix and ELK is a plus)
- Experience with Oracle Palladion/EOM SIP logging
- Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies, particularly with Puppet,
- Familiarity with basic layer 2/3 networking, including subnetting, assigning IPs, etc.
- Experience using Git for common tasks (branching, committing changes, merging)