Windows System Support Coordinator
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelors
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Responsible for assisting the Director of Technical Services on all aspects of Windows Server operating system installation and configuration. Must possess knowledge of LDAP/Windows AD, Windows group policies, DNS, DFS and DHCP. Assists with help desk support within the enterprise including local and remote offices. The System Support Coordinator must have some familiarity with network operating systems, all supported system software, help desk and e-mail systems.
Required Qualifications :
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshoots all Windows servers and VMware virtual Windows servers.
- iSCSI, LUN create/destroy, space management, firmware/software upgrades.
- Assists in the installation and maintenance of system software such as; Sophos, Anti-virus, Bit9 Parity, Exchange, Rightfax, and any related system software packages.
- Assists in training new employees on the general uses of the PC, Outlook and company related software products.
- SAN management with Fiber Channel
- Provides help desk and desktop support for local and remote users.
- Assists in system disaster recovery.
- Assists with software product evaluation, including testing, and technical support for enterprise wide users.
- Assists in daily data center operations during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
- Must physically be able to lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals)
- Must be a team player
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required in the technical services area.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft’s office suite. Must have good verbal skills, and be proficient at using a PC. Some knowledge of networking topology and network operating systems required.