The Senior Developer/Analyst is responsible for providing technical direction and supporting custom development needs. Additionally, this individual is responsible for implementing best practices and standard software architecture patterns. He/she must keep abreast of the latest .NET developments and trends including personalization, predictive analytics, responsive design, application customization and 3rd party integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advances the team’s abilities to support and develop on the Windows platform.
- Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle with emphasis on design, development, and testing.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Establishes application and site development objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Supports development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports custom-built interfaces to internal and external systems.
- Provides assistance and support for current applications; respond to problems or incidents after hours as needed.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms
- Experience creating and consuming web services
- Source Control – VSS, TFS, Git
- Software development life cycle
- Technical Documentation
- Application Integration
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Ability to analyze technical solutions and propose sound conclusions to a variety of issues and/or requirements