What Our Client Does
Our client designs, develops, deploys, and supports real-time systems that are being utilized by the most demanding professional market participants. They care deeply about system reliability and testability, they care about the user experience and they relentlessly optimize performance, responsiveness and workflow. Their engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering. They are analytical thinkers, they like to solve complex problems and they are always learning their craft. If it’s broken, they fix it. If it needs refactoring, they refactor it. If it’s hard to test, they make it testable.
They like statistics. They love automation. They are pragmatic. They ship code weekly. They are looking for like-minded individuals to join them.
You will play an integral role working across and with several teams on automating and improving all aspects of our Client's trading infrastructure, taking a data driven approach to decision making participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring and troubleshooting performance and health of trading systems.
- Work with the Trading Systems developers to write code for the company's trading infrastructure
- Write code to improve the stack of tools and systems for managing, monitoring and configuring their trading infrastructure.
- Manage deployment processes, upgrade system software, apply patches, and ensure security of systems
- Use monitoring tools to identify operational anomalies and take action to resolve them
- Explore new technologies and solutions to enhance operational excellence
- Manage automation processes, including trade related file input & output processes (such as clearing files, regulatory files like OATS & CAT, position files and others)
- Extend and improve the documentation of our systems and procedures.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role or equivalent practical experience
- Server Administration with Linux and Windows Server (2016 & 2019)
- Experience with high availability environments
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (TCP/UDP, Multicast, traffic capture & analysis)
- Hands on experience with Powershell, Bash scripting and SQL
- Working knowledge of C#, Java, C++ or any other object oriented programming language
- Domain knowledge of Equities, Futures and/or Options trading