Accounting Systems Manager
The Accounting Systems Manager will manage the full operations of all firm accounting related systems, with particular focus on the firm’s Practice Management System (PMS), currently Elite Enterprise, and its day-to-day administration and support needs. Working closely with all other IT/Accounting Portfolio functions, this leader will focus on the efficiency and scalability of all workflows of the accounting processes from a technology perspective.
This manager will also find opportunities and areas to improve accounting systems, controls and processes related to technology, accounting and finance functions, and operational procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This manager will also find opportunities and areas to improve accounting systems, controls and processes related to technology, accounting and finance functions, and operational procedures.
- Ensure overall and day-to-day system operations are functioning properly during current and future system transitions.
- Lead, develop and train direct reports.
- Own all recurring, operational aspects of our accounting systems, including user support, third-party and custom integrations, data transfers, month end accounting close activities, elevated account access controls, performance optimization, memory consumption monitoring, data integrity, user security, etc.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions that automate the monthly accounting close
- Provide direction to direct reports on support tickets and provide reporting on resolution status which includes, but is not limited to, being the key contact for occasional overnight escalation calls, as well as partnering/collaborating with vendors to monitor vendor support tickets to resolution
- Partner with firmwide Service Desk function to identify efficiencies with communication and process improvements, incident & problem management, etc.
- Partner with Citrix/Remote Access and Desktop teams to ensure seamless transparency on updates, testing, etc. necessary to ensure accounting applications are not in conflict with delivered environments and the best possible remote user experience
- Implement project management and change management plans to support ongoing operational enhancement and remediation initiatives, e.g., Windows Server version upgrades, group policy rollouts, Citrix environment alignment efforts, server compatibility updates, etc.
- Drive the development, configuration, and monitoring of system related internal controls and policies
- Maintain a documentation archive of system process changes, role-based security, and customizations
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the IT Accounting Portfolio and Accounting teams to maintain and continually enhance business systems to meet ever-changing business requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience implementing/supporting Accounting (or Financial) Systems
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting applications
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience with Legal Information Technology
- Knowledge of scripting and SQL skills
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Management Information Systems
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities