Active Directory and Windows Engineer
We are currently seeking an expert Active Directory and Windows Server Engineer to join our clients IT Infrastructure team in Chicago, IL.
● Knowledgeable. You have a broad-based familiarity with the latest technologies of
infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation, and management. When it comes to
technical knowledge, you are an expert in, Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory,
Group Policy, Identity Management, SSO, SCCM, DNS and network file servers. Through your
past work experience, you have also successfully demonstrated your ability to make project
decisions, monitor project progress, and report timely and accurate results. And to keep your
knowledge fresh, you’re often researching new technologies whenever time permits.
● Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective,
demonstrating your ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams
across the organization.
● Problem Solver. You are a creative thinker, who focuses on the problem as stated and gathers
information to identify root cause and achieve an appropriate solution. You also enjoy the
challenge of troubleshooting and providing support to IT business partners and end users alike,
whenever an unexpected infrastructure issues arises.
● Collaborator and Business Liaison. You are united with teammates and follow through on
commitments, so you are known as a trusted business partner and someone your teammates
can count on.
● Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on
delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines
consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the
business, even if that means an occasional after-hours project.
● Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the
status quo, and regularly seek to understand.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Manages the Active Directory Infrastructure with at an expert level
● Manages SSO and Identity Management platforms.
● Understands Microsoft both client and server Windows operating systems at an expert level.
● Works with the SCCM infrastructure and related components as needed. Assist with the
implementation of hardware and deployment of software packages as they relate to assigned
● Generate compliance and inventory reports for all endpoint deployments, including (but not
limited to): patching, applications, scripts, updates, etc.
● Develops and maintains procedures and ensures documentation exists for all aspects of
installations and operation.
● Extensively test software patches, application deployments, servicing updates, and operating
system deployment task sequences/images.
● Research and evaluate new technologies for infrastructure strategies and recommend new
software or systems to meet company requirements; subsequently, manage the
implementation of changes in such systems.
● Provide third level support to IT business partners and other end users, as necessary; perform
situation analysis and make recommendations for solving problems.
● Act as liaison between company and vendors, as needed.
● Perform other duties and participate in the successful delivery of special IT projects, as
assigned, to continually improve/upgrade the endpoint infrastructure; provide accurate and
consistent status reports of progress, as requested.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience
● Minimum of five years related experience in enterprise level IT environments performing
infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation and management using the latest
● Microsoft MCSA Certification preferred.
● Minimum of one year experience in project management is needed.
● Experience in creating and defining new architectural models and explaining complex problems
or situations is essential.
● Must have the ability to solve infrastructure issues and to manage the associated performance
● Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment.
● Ability to modify and create Powershell, VB, and batch Scripts.
● Must have the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business
● Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong
customer service skills.
● Good judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills.
● Must have the ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies; including estimates for costs,
time and resources; prepare statistical reports; complete cost/benefit analysis and conduct