Application Integration Specialist
The Application Integration Specialist is responsible for working directly with the business owners from various administrative departments (i.e. Core IT, Marketing, Training, Records, Docket, Knowledge Management, Library, etc.) to provide technology guidance, coordination and support to meet the needs of the business. Working with other IT Teams, this position reviews, analyzes, tests, implements and provides ongoing support for technical processes and products that support the business owners existing and new initiatives. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate documentation of user needs, program functions, and maintenance processes. Additional responsibilities include technology ownership of all assigned projects.
Applications supported vary and may include Microsoft Office Add-ins, JIRA, IntApp Walls, ServiceNow, InterAction, DocSolid KwikTag, Cloud Services, and other departmental applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the business owners to understand their business needs and identify where an IT solution is available.
- Evaluate, test and integrate new software and upgrades to existing software.
- Research new applications and/or application features both independently and by management request. Formulate recommendations and implementation plans.
- In conjunction with other technology teams, establish and maintain an appropriate test environment and execute appropriate application test plans.
- Define packaging requirements and prepare applications for installation into the production environment using Firm standard tools and methodologies.
- Resolve end user issues as escalated by the Service Desk, including working with software vendors’ technical support to resolve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain application documentation, including, but not limited to, Configuration Guides, Application Design Guides, Frequently Asked Questions list, Knowledge Base articles; provide consultation to the training team on associated end-user documentation.
- Using a variety of means, maintain a high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends associated assigned applications and areas of discipline.
- Provide After Hours On Call Support. Work as needed during monthly maintenance windows.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience maintaining and supporting Windows desktop environments and desktop applications. This includes the ability to troubleshoot the full spectrum of user issues.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with desktop application integration procedures and tools.
- Previous experience in software evaluation, integration, testing and deployment.
- Previous experience breaking down business processes into technology requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications including third-party add-ins.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 or higher including IIS.
- Legal industry experience supporting third party applications.
- Experience supporting client-server and web-compliant development tools and products.
- Ability to write SQL statements with some complexity.
- Experience with cloud services.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.