Responsible for the support of applications/systems/database and third party software programs. Deploys the release of re-designed modules, upgrades and new technologies as well as design, install, configure, and maintain supported software. Ensure that deployments will successfully migrate in to production without faults. Resolve immediate issues related to data and programs and coordinate with the development staff or vendor support to handle more complicated problems. Resolve issues regarding operations, including installations, setups, error messages, on-line transactions, system status and downtime procedures, etc. Ensure end user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving problems.
· Technical Support: Under general supervision, respond to and research and resolve routine to moderately complex issues with internal applications/systems and/or databases. Implement short term solutions for quick resolution of issues and begin to develop long term solutions to problems that occur.
· Communication: Provides input to peers, management and clients for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to their peers, clients and management.
· Documentation: Document support issues and solutions. Prepare design documentation for all maintenance programming and/or re-development/enhancement/patches. Prepare and maintain deployment documentation for internal applications/systems/database and/or third party vendor packages.
· Monitor the call-tracking queue for incoming cases. Assess and prioritize issues. Determines when escalation is necessary.
· Troubleshoot client/user reported issues that pertain to our custom or 3rd party business applications by researching programs, data and application setups. Record Resolution.
· Assist clients/users in creating and analyzing reports. Gather information necessary to arrive at resolution by generating reports, creating subsets of data and interfacing with users.
· Guide clients/users through established resolutions. Gather information necessary to arrive at a resolution.
· Perform tests on problems reported by clients/users.
· Act as a liaison between clients/end users, internal developers, and QA groups.
· Partner w/QA in testing
· Assist in training clients/end users on software.
· Document tasks and activities that are used to resolve issues in order to enhance the overall knowledge database used by the rest of the support team.
· (Level III) Mentoring: Takes responsibility for personal and team technical and professional growth. Assists junior level app specialists with understanding and applying procedures, methodologies, tools, utilities and standards. Serve as a resource and provides on-the-job training and advice on tasks to be accomplished by less knowledgeable or newer associates. Provides technical assistance and follow through to team members.
· Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· 4-yr college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
· I - 1-3 years supporting computer applications.
· II - 3-5 years supporting computer applications.
· III - 5-7 years supporting computer applications.
· Light development experience a plus.
· In depth knowledge of SQL, relational database query tools using Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, etc.
· Experience supporting websites/Microsoft .NET custom applications
· Working knowledge of the software development life cycle. Exposure to a formal Project Management methodology
· Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions.
· Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance.
· Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
· Ability to utilize infrastructure software and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience in inventory/order management systems environment is preferred.
· Knowledge of IT security relevant to data protection and data integrity.
· Proficiency in English
· Customer Service Orientation. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
· Skilled at issue identification and resolution. Strong data analysis and problem solving ability.
· Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills to meet critical deadlines.