Applications Support Manager
This is an incredible opportunity for a hands-on Application Support Engineering Manager to join a team focused on improving and maintaining the reliability of our software and services platform. Have you been waiting on the opportunity to join a winning technical team? Now’s your chance.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for technology. You love using technology differently to maximize opportunity and impact for customers and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in the people you work with
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best – whether that’s decreasing system down time or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done” resulting in a more efficient way of supporting the customer. You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow engineers and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate not only within the department, but also across the organization
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You value preventing problems from occurring over being caught in the chaos zone putting out fires and looking for the “hero” spotlight
- Strives for frictionless IT – You understand the importance of building great partnerships. You promote a seamless, smooth, user friendly and reliable environment.
What you’ll do all day:
- Deliver results. Collaborate with those around you to produce lean, pragmatic solutions in a predictable and transparent way. Using modern tools and techniques with lightweight agile process, you will join a team of technologists in delivering and supporting high-impact solutions for Apex customers.
- Reduce toil. Iterate and refactor chronic internal tech system problems to reduce their occurrence and impact to the tech organization
- Run our clearing platform. As a leader within the IT Team, you'll be expected to directly influence the decrease in frequency and severity of technical incidents which negatively impact internal and external customers.
- Support our world class client base. Promote a culture of quick and effective reactions to client reports; Identify smart and creative ways to solve issues and challenges
- Keep your finger on the pulse of our systems. You’re in tune at all times with the health of our system thru monitoring and data visualization tools
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. Apex is recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see tech differently. You’ll work with people who are leaders in the tech industry. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology to solve our customers’ problems.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our tech department and with our clients. You won’t be just another talented engineer
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” The role is deep in the unknown, which inevitably means change. If you like to know what you’re going to do every day, you may not like working on this team. You have to go with the flow here.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for our customers. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
- You’re a tech snob. We deal with all technology – Linux and Windows; .NET and Java; SQL and noSQL (mongoDB); RabbitMQ and other open source tools and libraries. We love technology and want to work with all of it. If you’re wed to a particular shop, you may not like working for us.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- 3+ years of proven history leading and developing technologists
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Extensive experience with modernization of workload automation, batch processing and stream processing of big data
- Proven experience defining and executing a support model for on-premises to cloud service and infrastructure migration
- Experience managing an Incident Response program
- Experience supporting with Restful and SOAP APIs, Micro Services, and customer oriented technology platforms
- 3+ years of database experience (MSSQL and/or NoSQL)
- Advance OS troubleshooting skills (linux and windows)
- Strong scripting abilities (Python, Groovy, Ruby, and/or PowerShell)
- Solid foundation of networking functions, standards, and protocols
- Ability to learn new things (languages, tools, frameworks) very quickly
- Experience with monitoring and visualization tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios, Datadog, Elastic, Kibana, etc…)
- Financial services background preferred