Associate, Business Applications Analyst (Salesforce)
Associate, Business Applications Analyst (Salesforce) - # 21879
POSITION NEEDS SUMMARY
- Salesforce Experience - 6+ months
- Oracle exposure - or ability to pick up Oracle ERP system quickly
- Technical background (SQL queries)
TROUBLE SHOOTING EXPERIENCE - Triage Problems/ Projects appropriately
- Is it a USER ISSUE
- Is it a DATA ISSUE
- Is it a CODING ISSUE - candidate does not need to code, but have ability to look to see where the problem stems from
BA POSITION - looking for someone with the right foundation that they can continue to develop and grow into a Senior Business Analyst. Basic skills include:
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Looking at data, retrieving data (queries)
- Ability to take problem and track it backwards to figure out where it stemmed from (write a query, look at data and figure out what went wrong)
- Acts as liaison between business users and technical support in the daily support of ERP and 3rd Party Applications.
- Provides on-going application support, develops process models, participates in business requirements, creates functional requirements, test plans, and executes system testing.
- Configures, implements, tests, and deploys application and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions.
- Develops and implements effective and strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Builds processes and technology improvements and proposes efficiency initiatives.
- Participates and is an active contributor in discussions with business users and leaders regarding areas of opportunity to leverage technology.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends business work-flow and application best practices.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of applications functionality within their domain (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Quoting and Pricing)
- Researches and resolves operational application issues.
- Creates supporting application documentation and end user process and training documentation.
- Liaison with the business community and senior analysts in the daily support of all business applications.
- Performs daily ongoing triage, support and maintenance of existing business systems (Oracle ERP, Salesforce.com, and internal home-grown applications). Activities include the following: Perform root cause analysis. Triage, test, perform migrations, and resolve issues.
- Works closely with analysts to understand the business requirements and translate them into IT Functional Designs.
- Works closely with development resources to ensure proper communication and translation of company requirements.
- Reviews technical documents and work with other functional teams to ensure cross application integrity is considered.
- Ensures all documentation standards are followed and maintained on a regular basis.
- Assists with routine patch testing and upgrades, and oversees the conversion of data and testing of interfaces/extensions.
- Assists in the development of training materials for users.
- Supports Business Operations by clarifying system functionality.
- Supports the sales organization by providing answers to how-to questions.
- Contributes to the successful launch and ongoing support of new project assignments.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel as projects dictate
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or comparable field, or equivalent experience required, plus 0 to 2 years of related experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with any ERP application in a functional business process role.
- Experience with Salesforce.com required.
- SQL Skills: Novice level or above.
- Knowledge in the Document Solutions Industry or work experience preferred
- Working experience with any document imaging and work-flow solution tools is also preferred.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Pricing in the Oracle11i modules is preferred.
- 80% functional and 20% technical.
- Experience across the entire standard development life-cycle.
- Experience writing functional/business requirements and preparing functional designs.
About our Client - Company provides industry leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of the company, our client helps companies of all sizes find ways to: improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs in conjunction with high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions.
In addition, company offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. They are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.