Automation Test Engineer
The Automation Test Engineer will play an integral role in the success of the System Test group. She/he will work with team members to solidify an Automation environment to ensure that hardware and software meet quality requirements. Specifically she/he will:
· Design and implement automated hardware/software test execution framework
· Plan, design and build automated tests to support new features and releases
· Design, develop, and maintain automation scripts in National Instruments LabVIEW environment against test cases and requirements
· Provide automation expertise to our System Test and Production Test teams
· Work with System Test team to identify and capture test cases
· Setup of test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases
· Develop and document procedures necessary to ensure consistent development and execution of automated tests.
· Collaborate with the team to continuously improve automation framework and suite of tests
· Work closely with team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· B.S. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
· Strong background in, and at least 2 years of experience, creating/maintaining QA Automation Scripts using National Instruments Test Stand.
· Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites in a hardware/software environment.
· At least 2 years of prior development experience is desirable in modern programming languages like C++, Java or Python
· Experience with National Instruments hardware products, equipment, and drivers
· Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer. Certified LabVIEW developer is a plus, but not required
· Knowledge of basic electronics