We are looking for a technical, entrepreneurial-minded Back-end Engineer to help us create solutions that modernize the traditional financial services industry. You will define, develop, deploy and maintain a number of real-time event driven services that will be the foundation of the new platform. Working alongside experienced technologists and industry SMEs, you will build this exciting new platform that will simplify, automate and facilitate access to financial markets for all.
The role is for someone who is passionate about applying modern technology to replace monolithic and hard-to-access incumbent systems. Along the way, you’ll learn about the problem space and re-imagine existing solutions. You will work on a number back-end services and integration solutions using multiple languages and frameworks.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team with the urgency of a startup and expertise of an established organization. We are a flat organization which will afford you the ability to gain access to personnel and resources necessary to execute on your vision. We are a privately-held organization focused on delivering long-term value rather than short-term gains. This translates to a focus on bringing solutions for an industry and not bespoke products. Due to the space we innovate in, your products will process billions of transactions per day, in real-time, and power both startup and established industry participants.
You will report to the Head of Engineering but work closely with everyone across the organization.
This role can be based out of Irvine, Portland, Dallas, or Chicago
What you’ll do all day:
- Define, develop, deploy and operate a number of reactive, autonomous micro-services that are the foundation of the new platform.
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise
- Develop and maintain a clean and consistent API for both internal applications and external client applications
- Write self-documenting and well-tested code with an emphasis on sustainable development practices
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
What you need to succeed:
- At least three years of professional experience working as a part of a multi-person development team that utilizes automated testing, CI pipelines and peer reviews
- One or more years of mid to senior experience is a necessity as you will be expected by following established practices and patterns without day to day supervision
- We are writing mostly Golang and Java. A strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of at least one of the following core languages a must: Go, C, C++, C#, Java
- Demonstrated skills in process and algorithm design
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions and distributed architecture
- Experience with Kafka, Protobufs, and reactive, multi-tenant applications a big plus
- A DevSecOps mindset and experience with cloud-native applications and infrastructure-as-code is a plus