Backend Software Engineer (C#, .NET)
Job Description - Back End Web Developer (C#, .NET)
What We Do
We design, develop, deploy, and support real-time systems that are being utilized by the most demanding professional market participants. We care deeply about system reliability and testability, we care about the user experience and we relentlessly optimize performance, responsiveness and workflow. Our engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering. We are analytical thinkers, we like to solve complex problems and we are always learning our craft. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable. We like statistics. We love automation. We are pragmatic. We ship code weekly.
We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- At least three years of experience in a Software Engineering role in, preferably in a real-time trading related position required, with recent and demonstrable experience writing high performant, well tested and elegant code with C# and the .NET Framework
- Prior experience developing highly distributed and fail-safe systems
- Strong commitment to Agile development methodologies and best practices
- Experience with real time trading systems, knowledge of order handling and protocols such as FIX and market data processing and distribution
- Experience in the listed options market is a plus
- Experience with regulatory reporting (e.g. OATS, CAT) and market surveillance is a plus
What you will do
You will work on and further the development of the company's trading platform with a specialized focus on back-end systems. You will work on performing certifications with customers, troubleshoot production issues, improve monitoring, issue resolution, and manage start- and end- of day position, clearing and reporting processes. The problems are challenging but rewarding and we look forward to hearing from you if you feel up to the task.