Business Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
· Liaison to Brookfield Properties’ key business stakeholders to identify and prioritize FP&A and BI&S requests based on business value.
· Serve as a conduit between the FP&A and BI&S departments to the IT Business Intelligence team. Our IT Business Intelligence team focuses the Data Warehouse which is our primary budgeting and forecasting platform as well as Power BI which serves as a reporting tool and resource for key KPI across the company.
· Works with the business partners and peers to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
· Participates in regular scrum meetings, backlog grooming sessions, and sprint demos.
· Understands the business needs and recommends solutions that satisfy those needs, while keeping consistent with architectural guidelines and security standards.
· Documents current-state business processes and makes recommendations to improve.
· Active participant in QA testing and regression testing activities.
· Creates test scripts and facilitates user acceptance testing.
· Creates end user manuals and training materials.
· Participates in the creation, review, and distribution of communications related to new enhancements, training, upgrades, etc.
What you will receive by taking this position:
· Training and project assignments that will grow your advanced knowledge of our internal Data Warehouse, Power BI, and other leading integrated applications such as Salesforce.
· Understanding of the commercial real estate industry and business practices from one of the largest real estate companies in the world.
· Valuable experience within a world-class IT organization.
· Opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
· At least 2 years as a Business Analyst working with large teams developing technical requirements, testing, and assisting in other project and support related tasks.
· Prior experience in corporate budgeting and / or finance.
· Writing user stories and working on an Agile scrum team.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, liberal arts or related discipline.
· Strong competency in analyzing broken processes and identifying areas of improvement.
· Comfortable with flexibility in day to day work and ability to adjust to shifting demands and scope changes.
· Hunger for knowledge and interpersonal interaction.
· Ability to set high standards of self-performance.
· Demonstrates strong desire and ability to work in a team setting and seeks input from mentors.
· Good interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening
. Efficiently manage and multi-task multiple assignments with a sense of urgency and attention to detail in a high paced environment.
Nice to Have:
· Prior experience in the Real Estate Industry.
· Proficiency with the use of the Jira Application.
· Experience in Argus or comparable budgeting and forecasting tool.
. Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner.