- Work with IT Project Manager, Development and QA in the execution of the project lifecycle, including but not limited to analysis, design, implementation, testing, release and maintenance.
- Apply working knowledge of systems and Business Analysis to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve technical issues for small to medium sized custom development projects. Actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs.
- Actively participate in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. May formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology. Analyze methodologies for process improvements, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
- Communication with client contacts and business personnel as to project deliverables, issue/resolution.
- Collaborate with production staff in ensuring order delivery.
- Participate in month end billing by running reports or providing clarifications to details.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
· 5-7 years’ experience in gathering and writing detailed business/functional requirements and test scenarios based upon customer needs.
· Working knowledge developing web based solutions
· Data transformation and automation experience a plus
· Knowledge of print and fulfillment business a plus
· Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server preferred), SQL coding, BI/Reporting tools a plus.
· Working knowledge of the software development life cycle.
· Exposure to a formal Project Management methodology
· Working knowledge in the use of Jira or other Agile tools
· Scrum Master certification a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio, Microsoft Project a plus
· Excellent communication skills; verbal, and written