Cloud Solutions Architect
The Cloud Solution Architect performs the necessary leadership, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of cloud solution architectures. The cloud solution architect is responsible for engineering cloud solution design through understanding of organizational and business needs and ensuring fit with architectural standards, best practices and IS roadmap. They also identify and standardize cloud related platforms, processes, and tools to meet organizational needs and business objectives. The cloud architect will participate in all phases of the technology delivery lifecycle for related projects and initiatives, while continuously seeking ways to refine and enhance the implementation methodologies. The successful candidate will possess a broad range of technical cloud service experience, coupled with strong analytical capabilities, and excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation skills, and business acumen.
The Cloud Solution Architect is a leader within our Architecture team structure and in collaboration with development teams and other technical lead resources creates POCs, defines and communicates best practices, approach and direction for the technical aspects of our cloud-based business applications and solutions. This role partners with IS Leadership to assist in establishing a technical vision and works closely with delivery teams to ensure adherence to vision and guidelines during implementation.
Qualifications for this role
- Ability to analyze and translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives.
- Knowledge of all components of a holistic enterprise architecture
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Strong business acumen: working knowledge of industry, major business processes, and metrics. Experience in the healthcare industry a plus
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Uses effective change management processes for overcoming resistance to innovation
- Familiarity with current software industry trends, including both commercial and open source initiatives
- Proficient in applying solution architecture to enable business opportunities
- Strong experience in project management planning approaches and organizational skills
- Experience in working within both AGILE and waterfall delivery methodologies
- Experience coaching and mentoring team player as required
- Familiarity with service design and pricing in the context of cloud based solutioning
- Professional cloud solutions architect certification preferred
- Experience working in a hybrid environment(On Premise, AWS, Azure, SaaS products)
- Advanced experience with modern cloud architecture and development including the following technologies:
o. Amazon AWS (e.g.: CloudFormation, S3,Lambda, API Gateway)
p. Micrsoft Azure
cc. Database Technologies including SQL and NoSQL
- Preferred experience with cloud technologies and platforms such as:
p. Cloud Management Platforms
q. Content Delivery Networks
r. Application Platforms (e.g.: Pivotal CloudFoundry, JBOSS OpenShift)
s. Cloud delivered integration platforms
- Proficient experience building and supporting complex interfaces between non-homogenous applications and other internal and/or external applications
- Proficient experience in On Premise infrastructure such as Directory Services, Storage, Networking, Disaster Recovery
- Proficient experience with leading testing and implementation procedures (prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs)
- Proficient technical understanding of the integrations between modules and applications/systems
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills and programming aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in providing lead guidance and solutions, as well as application development required.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Hands-on experience with cloud architectures, including the architectural design and deployment of cloud solution
- Five – ten years’ experience in systems analysis and programming essential, preferably with technical leadership experience
- Advanced experience in Business Process Modeling techniques (e.g., Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOAD))
- Applicable cloud certification is preferred
- Occasional availability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends) to meet project demand or urgent operational needs.
- Minimal travel required to attend training, seminars, etc.