Core Java Software Engineer - Mid to Senior
Job Description - Java Software Engineer
Our client is one of the largest exchanges in the world and the mission of our technology team is to disrupt the status quo with a relentless focus on product innovation that transforms new ideas into tradable realities. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who likes to solve tough problems and has a desire to explore and leverage new technologies. Collaborating with other talented developers, you will be working on a new technology stack to engineer a “green” real-time market data system that will service global markets. If you are a free thinker who has a passion for honing their craft and pushing beyond standard conventions, come join the team that is leading the charge in defining the markets of tomorrow.
We care deeply about system reliability, testability, recoverability, fault tolerance, throughput, and latency. We measure times in microseconds, sometimes even nanoseconds. Our engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering. We are analytical thinkers. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable.
In this role, you will participate in full project lifecycle development including:
- Code, test, debug, and document technical assignments
- Translate business requirements into technical details
- Use business and application development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions
- Deliver high-quality solutions and designs
- You will also analyze and recommend technologies and tools to improve efficiency and quality of the development process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or related field preferred
- 5-7+ years’ experience Java
- The ability to understand, code and decode index calculations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic environment, quickly pick up new skills and adapt to changing business needs
- Experience in full project lifecycle development and the use of JIRA and other collaboration tools
- Experience with Kafka desirable
- Self-directed, self-motivated
We like statistics. We love automation. We are pragmatic. We ship code weekly. We’re looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.