Credit & Collections Rep (Contract)
Location : Itasca, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1+ years
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Job Description: Credit & Collections Representative
Location: Schaumburg, IL
**Customer service aspect of role working with current clients/customers on collections – making it work.
- Contact customers to collect past due payments from all accounts and assure fair, courteous and prompt handling of collections matters in order to provide for the prompt turnover of accounts receivable and resolve any disputes/issues/complaints, using Oracle and other databases to ensure quick resolutions to issues.
- Apply payments and/or credits/adjustments to keep delinquency and bad debt to a minimum, research applications of credit adjustments to assure the customer adjustments or deductions made or taken are reasonable, processed and cleared from customer's account on a timely basis.
- Research and resolve billing and invoice problems
- Prepare information for collection agency and/or attorneys for delinquent accounts, handle disputes over discrepancies in invoices, and negotiate payment plans when needed.
- Create reports necessary to reconcile accounts and to report to management the status of accounts. Print invoices and statements to send to customer.
- Ensure accurate and timely submissions of invoices to customers, including input into customer portals
- Process miscellaneous paperwork, and update systems as required by department procedures.
- Release orders on timely basis. Resolve payment issues with customers looking to place new orders.
- Additional Duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- College Degree is Preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in collections
- Working knowledge of invoicing and receivables.
- Excel and SAP knowledge required
- Strong PC literacy, data entry and organizational skills